Title 24 (BEES!) requires envelope certificate of compliance, among other things

The Title 24 energy code requires the submittal of up to three certificates for every nonresidential building system that falls within its scope. These are the certificates of compliance (NRCC), installation (NRCI), and acceptance (NRCA).  These certification requirements have been hiding in plain sight in the code since 2008, largely ignored and unenforced. Since implementation of the 2013 code, we've seen quite a few AHJ's requesting some of these documents: sometimes certificates of compliance at plan check intake, and sometimes certificates of installation and acceptance at final inspection.

Just as enforcement has been spotty, so has compliance. We recommend that permit sets include all required NRCC forms, including the envelope certificate of compliance forms. In fact, we've received notice that at least one jurisdiction is now checking for the envelope certificate of compliance. The California Statewide Codes & Standards Program has funded a website that helps architects and engineers understand which forms are applicable to which projects.

Or, if you don't want to DIY these code forms, give us a call. Give us a properly fleshed-out 90% complete drawing set, and we'll provide you with all the NRCC forms that you'll need in order to get that permit.

Don't forget, you also have to provide commissioning documents and CALGreen compliance tables. We can help you with that, too. Together, we can build a partnership that will save the planet by producing large quantities of highly accurate forms and certifications.

No Comments Yet.

Leave a comment